So, you’ve come to the realization that your parents could benefit by having an extra helping hand throughout their daily routine. We at Heritage Senior Living understand that making the decision to seek full-time care for a loved one isn’t easy and, unfortunately, it isn’t a straightforward process. But we’re here to help.
In order to choose the right community to help increase your parents’ health and happiness, you’ll probably want to tour a few options. Touring an assisted living community allows you to personally experience the community and ask as many questions as you would like about your parents’ potential new home.
We’ve given countless tours over the years, and we’ve pulled together a list of questions we recommend asking on your assisted living tour.
7 Questions to Ask When Considering Assisted Living
- What type of apartments are currently available, and what is the cost? The first factor you should consider when touring a community is the availability for move-ins and whether or not it fits within your budget.
- How many trained medical professionals, such as nurses and physicians, are on staff, and how do they care for patients? The availability and credentials of on-site staff will help you asses whether the community has the experts available to assist your loved ones.
- What kinds of events and activities do you offer? While care is important, you also want to make sure there are daily activities and events for your parents to enjoy! If they have a specific hobby, ask if there are any residents who share that same interest.
- What kinds of services does the monthly fee cover? Stay informed about the services and amenities covered in the monthly fee. Some communities offer more á la carte services, while others offer a more comprehensive bundle of services.
- What type of security and safety measures do you have in place? While this may not be the first thing you think of, the security of a community is important to ensure your parents’ safety. Be sure to discuss emergency protocols and plans that are in place in case of emergencies.
- Is transportation available for residents? If your loved one relies on transportation services, you may want to see if the community assists residents when they need to go to doctor appointments or run errands.
- What happens if my loved one is in need of additional services? There may be a chance that your loved one will need a higher level of care in the future. Be sure to ask if additional services and healthcare options are available to residents to help them age in place.
Get Your Common Questions About Assisted Living Answered at Heritage Senior Living
At Heritage Senior Living, we believe that assisted living shouldn’t revolve around what your loved ones can’t do. Instead, we focus on what they can do and offer compassionate assistance when needed. Our full-time licensed nurses and staff that are available 24/7 ensure residents receive the care and assistance they need while allowing them to remain as independent as possible. And, along with expert care, our homelike atmosphere offers the best in senior living. Engaging amenities range from activity rooms with daily events, movie theaters, libraries, cozy common areas and more.
We’d love to get to know your parents and family and answer any questions you have – our expert team is here to help. Contact us today to learn more.