At Heritage Senior Living, our top priority is the safety, health and well-being of our residents and staff. Therefore, we are closely following the recommendations of the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), Wisconsin Department of Health, and local health departments regarding COVID-19, the novel coronavirus.
Please refer to the following links to access the latest information from the agencies listed above:
The information regarding COVID-19 recommendations changes frequently. Heritage Senior Living has a team of skilled professionals monitoring this information daily to ensure all our protocols and current COVID-19 control practices are up to date. If a case of COVID-19 arises in one of our communities, residents and family members of that location will be updated with detailed information.
You may contact our quality department at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Current Prevention Measures
- Restricted visitation of all visitors and non-essential health care personnel, except for end-of-life situations.
- In lieu of visits, alternative means of communication, (phone or video-communication) are offered for people who would otherwise visit.
- Reviewed and revised how we interact with vendors and delivery drivers, EMS personnel and equipment, transportation providers, and other non-health care providers (e.g., food delivery, etc.), and have taken necessary actions to prevent any potential transmission.
- Increased cleaning with approved disinfectants.
- Cancelled communal dining in Assisted Living and Enhanced Care units. Exceptions will be made for residents in need of staff assistance or supervision during meals. Residents in need of assistance will kept at least 6 feet apart during dining.
- Communal dining will continue for Memory Care. These residents need supervision and assistance to ensure health, safety and well-being.
- Canceled all group activities, such as internal and external group activities. Life enrichment staff will provide 1:1 activity.
- Implemented active respiratory screening of all residents. Temperature and pulse ox are monitored daily.
- All residents are monitored for symptoms daily and symptoms will be immediately reported to the nurse.
- If resident’s acute respiratory screen is positive; the resident will be immediately quarantined to their apartment, droplet and contact precautions instituted, and their primary care provider notified.
- Residents are reminded to practice social distancing and perform frequent hand hygiene. Cloth face coverings have been provided to all residents.
- Telemedicine visits will be offered by visiting physicians for routine visits. Physicians are considered essential visitors and will be allowed to visit the community as needed.
- If residents leave the community for any reason, except essential medical appointments, they will be asked to self-quarantine to their apartment for 14 days.
- Staff are educated and reminded not to report to work if they are experiencing cough, fever, or shortness of breath. Staff will self-isolate at home for 14 days before returning to work if symptoms are present or if exposed to COVID-19.
- Staff will be monitored for fever, symptoms, exposure and travel every shift (includes active temperature screening).
- If employees develop symptoms while on the job they will: immediately stop work, put on a facemask, notify their supervisor, and self-isolate at home for 14 days.
Staying in Contact
We have implemented the use of video calls to help our residents stay in contact with their loved ones. Through FaceTime and Skype sessions, residents will be able to talk face to face with their friends and family without leaving home.
- For friends and family: Call the main building number for your loved one’s community. Press option one on the prompts and ask to schedule a FaceTime or Skype call. Our staff will work together to set up a time that works for everyone.
- For residents: Simply talk to the concierge or assistant director, who will work with you to schedule the call.
Heritage is still accepting new residents, although we are observing heightened screening and safety procedures during and after admission. If you would like to set up a tour, we would be more than happy to schedule a time to virtually show you around our communities. To set up your own personal virtual tour, simply dial the building’s main number and select option two to speak with our community relations staff.
Additional Resources and Educational Tools: